Ever since I started this blog last September, I knew it was one of those things missing from my life. I’ve always had a love for writing and finally I had a vehicle to let out my thoughts in a (somewhat) coherent manner to share with the online world hoping it will make some sort of positive impact.
That’s why I was truly delighted and humbled when my fellow blogger, Anthony, nominated me for a blog award. Anthony, thank you again and I accept the nomination with gratitude.
Anthony is the authour of Today’s Perfect Moment , a blog which is a regular recap of the day’s perfect moment, no matter how simple or strange it might have been. I’ve enjoyed Anthony’s blog for some time now because, as a fellow Torontonian, I find it to be quite relatable and engaging and it invites a new, fresh perspective on the everydayness of Toronto life. Anthony also writes another blog called Tons of Hobbies which is self-explanatory and worth checking out.
As far as seven facts about myself, here they go:
1) A reiteration of the above – I have a love for writing and sharing my thoughts and perspectives with others, which is why I created this blog in the first place. I also created it in hope of being inspirational to others and helping them find their own path to happiness – which can be a daily challenge.
2) I have a keen interest in luxury automobiles – most notably Mercedes Benz. They are just beautifully-crafted pieces of machinery which I simply cannot stop admiring!
3) I used to love watching wrestling – Growing up, I was a die-hard WWF (now WWE) wrestling. And yes, I was still a fan even after realizing it was staged. I have been to at least four live shows including 2002’s Wrestlemania which was held at Toronto Skydome (Now Rogers Centre). Some of my favourite wrestlers were Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bret Hart, The Undertaker, and my favourite tag team was the Legion of Doom. Although WWE is still very much active, I stopped watching years ago. It caters to an entirely new audience now with a new roster of wrestlers since most of the players from the ‘golden years’ (the ’80’s, ’90’s and even early ‘2000’s) have either retired or sadly passed.
4) I am bit of a neat freak – I have a hard time keeping things in disarray for too long. I wouldn’t say I’m OCD though, I just like to be able to see the floor of my room or the top of my desk. 🙂
5) I enjoy travelling – I have visited Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Mexico thus far. Once I’ve come to terms with those longer-haul flights, I hope to explore other exotic islands such as Hawaii and the French Polynesian Island of Tahiti. I would also like to make my way over to Europe – specifically Spain, Italy and Greece.
6) I do not like ice cream – I will eat it on the rare occasion, but never enjoy it. It’s just too cold and unappealing. Even in sweltering hot weather, I won’t crave it. I’d rather just drink water or a cold pepsi instead. If I had to choose between a hot coffee and an iced cappuccino in scorching hot weather? I’d choose the hot coffee. Yes, I’m weird.
7) I enjoy reading – Although it feels like it’s harder and harder to find the time to pick up a book these days, there is nothing like engrossing yourself in a good novel. I just recently recovered my copy of Dan Brown’s Deception Point which is a phenomenal read. It’s about a massive cover up by the US government as it relates to a finding by NASA in the Arctic. I read it years ago and look forward to a second round as a nice refresher. Another classic that I started reading was Love In The Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. It is the tale of two lovers who are taken away from each other and will stop at nothing to get that love back. A very engaging read.
Now I would like to nominate the following bloggers for this award (in no particular order) because I feel that their blogs are unique in their own right and have positively impacted me in some way. I hope this award gives them the added visibility they deserve for their dedication and hard work in keeping their blogs active.
Julxrp – A blogger from Dubai who writes engaging content about anything from self-improvement and finding peace, to computers and technology.
Vincent Carlos – An engaging blogger who regularly writes about concepts learned from various books read. A useful ‘Recommended Books’ section is also provided which is worth checking out.
Mixed Girl Vibes – A vibrant blog by a lady named Kailyn Bowman who posts about continuous self-growth and finding contentment in your life. She often blogs in video format which is a neat way to give followers an up close and personal touch to the content. Her blog is particularly unique in that there is an e-commerce piece where you can actually purchase branded items including clothing as a way to further show your support and appreciation for the blog.
The Seeds 4 Life – A lovely blog about spreading happiness, positvity and growth through inspirational quotes and a wide variety of direct and indirect contributors. Any blogger can become a contributor to this site provided you meet their submission guidelines.
Amy Reese Anderson – I came across Amy’s blog a couple years ago when I was on Forbes’ site. She is an active contributor there on various topics and also has her own blog. It’s another great blog about life’s blessings and happiness and she also incorporates engaging stories about her own family in some of the posts to add a nice personal touch.
Trafcom News Blog – Authored by my former professor, Donna Papacosta, this blog is a great hub for all that is digital and social. Reach out to Donna directly via the contact page for information on consultative sessions and workshops offered.
There are many other candidates for this award that I can think but these are the most notable that come to mind. I encourage you to please visit their site and explore their content.
Here are the rules of the award to continue the virtual chain of blogger admiration and acknowledgement.
- Thank the person the nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- List the rules
- Display the award on your post of the award
- List seven facts about yourself
- Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them
Please continue to ‘pass the baton’ and extend this award to any blogger(s) that has had an impact on your life in a positive and fulfilling way.